1. Your relationship with God is more important than ANYTHING else. My relationship with God, while so much less than I want it to be, is the only thing that keeps me sane sometimes. Without Him, I would be lost in a morass of fear, but He gives me peace.
2. Godly parents are priceless. I cannot possibly begin to stand up to the example that my parents have set for me. But I pray that my kids will see them in me someday.
3. Always treat your spouse with respect. My parents have always treated each other with the utmost respect. I truly desire to treat my husband the same way. When I fail, it’s my fault, not his.
4. Don’t judge others. People are so quick to judge. It bothers me how easily people believe things with out a shred of proof. Some think I’m naïve, but I would rather give people the benefit of the doubt. The bible says, “Judge not, lest you be judged”. Would you like God to judge you the way you judge other people?
5. Reduce stress, don’t create it. I hate feeling stressed. I don’t understand why some people make things so hard for themselves unnecessarily. I want peace in my life. I know some stress is unavoidable, but I imagine it would be better handled if we didn’t bog ourselves down with the avoidable kind.