Sunday, November 8, 2009

Quick Catch-Up

OK. I’m going to try to quickly catch up on some stuff I’ve wanted to blog about BEFORE the NYC update. Sorry, but I have this anal retentive need to do things in chronological order.

First, a few odds and ends.

A while back we went to the Okra Strut, which is a like a local county fair. Kai does Tai Kwon Do and participated in a demonstration. Here he is doing one of his forms:



This is Alyssa on one of those spinny rides, I don't remember what it was called. She is the one in pink at the top of the picture:

She loved this ride. That's basically it. The kids went on a few more rides and visited the adopt-a-pet tent. We had a fun time walking around the Okra Strut. We ate lunch at Carolina Wings, then went home.

As an aside, the kids and I started digging up a flower bed at the new house. This was the first time we'd done anything in the yard. There was so much dead stuff that it was choking off whatever was still living. It was kind of like a treasure hunt because once we cleared the junk away, we discovered living crysanthimums and roses! Another thing we found, was a monster! The kids and I have never seen such a huge dandelion!!!


Anyway, that's all for now. I have to get ready for church! More coming soon!

Roan Quote: To daddy, “Whenever my skin falls off, I always try to find it…”

No comments: