Sunday, August 16, 2009

Question # 24

How are fashion and fads different for you from today?
Journaling: Unfortunately, current fashion is not too far off from when I was a kid. It was PRETTY BAD back then, though.

When I was a kid I had a record player which was later replaced by cassettes. I didn’t have CDs until after I got married! We didn’t have the internet. We didn’t even have a computer until my tweenage years. No cell phones, no portable game systems. If you wanted to play video games, you had to go to an Arcade and that cost you a quarter for each game! We didn’t even have a microwave oven in the early years of my childhood. TV only had a few channels. The first cable channels as I remember were a couple movie channels like HBO and Cinemax. We loved it when the Disney channel came out. At the time all they showed were old Disney Movies. It’s amazing how fast things can change in 40 years!

No comments: