Saturday, February 23, 2008

Props, Projects, Miles, & Fun

(The above date is WRONG, I posted March 1 and for some reason I can't change the date, grr.)

I know it’s a bit late, but I wanted to give props to my hubby for Valentine’s Day. We had dinner at Carraba’s and he gave me a bouquet of beautiful tulips! We had a very nice evening!

A week ago Friday, was Kai’s colonial fair. He did his project on ‘The Colonial Blacksmith’. He even made a diorama out of clay! He did a great job.

I also took a picture of our neighbor, Naomi. She rides home from school with us every day, goes to our church, and we’ve known her since she was about 6 weeks old. She’s practically a second daughter! Her project was on ‘Colonial Cooking’. She did a great job, too.


Last weekend, Dean went to North Carolina for the Black Mountain Ultra-Marathon. He ran 40 miles, 20 straight up and 20 back down! While he was out of town, the kids and I rented a Wii game and had fun playing for a while. Then we watched Monk together. That was nice. You know, I have some great kids.


Here's a cute picture that Andrea sent me. It was taken at her wedding last August by one of Jerry's uncles. I thought it turned out so great of the cousins!Today, my friend Brandy and I took Alyssa, Roan, and Naomi to Saluda River for a photo hike. Brandy just got a new camera and we wanted to break it in. That was fun. Here are a few pics I took today:



We got home just in time to go to FamJam, then after that, Brandy and I went to a movie, 'Step Up 2: The Street', followed by dessert at Macaroni Grill. This was a nice day!

Roan Quote: “Daddy, I don’t like my name anymore. I want a different one. How about Bob?”

“Live creatively friends…make a careful exploration of who you are and the work you have been given and then sink yourself into that. Don’t be impressed with yourself. Don’t compare yourself with others. Each of you must take responsibility for doing the creative best you can with your own life.” ~ Galatians

No comments: